The Crater Planning District Commission in Petersburg, Virginia is seeking a Procurement Specialist for the Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC). PTACs provide eligible entities with assistance in identifying, targeting, helping to prepare proposals, submitting proposals, preparing, and submitting performance reports, and in collecting payment on government contracts. Assistance is designed to meet the requirements of the Defense Logistics Agency, U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) but may include assistance to organizations seeking contracts with other federal agencies and with state and local governments. Procurement Specialists are expected to make a concerted effort to seek out and assist Small Businesses, Small Disadvantaged Businesses (SDB), Women-Owned Small Businesses (WOSB), Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) Small Business Concerns, Service-disabled Veteran-owned Small Businesses, and Historically Black Colleges and Minority Institutions (HBCU/MIs).
Full time position
Work Schedule 9 AM – 5 PM M-F
- Provide procurement technical assistance to clients within PTAC area of coverage.
- Must keep current in government contracting programs, policies, and procedures by completing at least 20 hours of contracting training per year (training can be virtual).
- Must be familiar and compliant with definitions of a counseling session as well as all other terms and conditions of the Cooperative Agreement with DLA
- Be qualified to counsel and advise business firms / clients on how to seek, obtain and perform on local, State of Virginia and Federal prime contracts as well as subcontracts.
- Assist clients with solicitation reviews and proposal reviews.
- Aid clients in creating capability statements.
- Provide clients with counseling and information regarding marketing of their products and services to DoD, other federal agencies, state, and local governments to obtain prime and subcontracting opportunities.
- Achieve quarterly and yearly goals as set by the Program Manager to contribute to the overall program performance.
- Refrain from marketing on behalf of clients.
- Actively seek success stories from clients attesting to how the counseling and assistance provided by the PTAC has aided them in securing government contracts or other milestones in government contracting.
- Document all counseling activity and deliverables in provided database in a timely manner.
- Provide direct client services in the form of group training (seminars/webinars),individual counsel and public appearances. Develop and conduct outreach programs (seminars and webinars)
- Must be able to do periodic travel throughout the 28 cities and counties covered by the program. Most travel will be day travel but occasionally overnight or multi day travel will be required.
- Direct reporting to the Program Manager who may assign additional responsibilities.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, management, finance, accounting, marketing, or related field
Required Experience: Minimum of two years of experience in procurement policies and contracting, to include experience in procurement strategy development, lending new business opportunities, and creative problem-solving skills.
Will consider an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
5 -7 years’ experience in procurement / contracting (local, state, or federal or with a prime government contractor), management and budgets.
Social Media Savvy
Detailed oriented, self-motivating, self-scheduler and ability to stay on task.
Possess a desire for continuous learning.
Compensation and Benefits
The Crater Planning District Commission offers a highly competitive compensation package for this position. The salary range for this position is $35,000 – $45,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
This position is an Associate level position and offers potential for the successful candidate to be promoted within the program in a relatively short period of time if job performance merits promotion.