The Crater Planning District Commission’s board is comprised of twenty-eight members. Each of the 11 localities that comprise the region have at least two members on the board. A majority of those board members are local elected officials appointed to the PDC by the member local governments. The Commission selects an executive director responsible for managing daily operations. Commission offices and staff are located in Petersburg Virginia, a central location for the region as determined by the Commission Charter.
Meeting Information »
All Full Commission meetings are open to the public.
All meetings fall on the 2nd Thursday of each month with the exception of February and June (which fall on the 4th Thursday). Meeting are general help in the board conference room and the commissions office.
Full Commission meetings are held in February, June, and October, Executive Committee meetings are held all other months, with no meetings during the months of July and December.
Meeting time is 6:00 p.m.
Meeting schedules may vary dates may be changed due to special accommodations, or meetings may be canceled because there is no new business to transact.
- May 15, 2021 - Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
- April 8, 2021 - Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
- March 11, 2021 - Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
- February 25, 2021 - Commission Meeting Minutes
- January 14, 2021 - Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
- October 8, 2020 Meeting Minutes
- June 24, 2020 Cancelled (COVID-19)
- February 27, 2020 - Commission Meeting Minutes
The Crater Planning District Commission covers an area of 2,500 square miles with a population of approximately 526,000 located within the 11member jurisdictions.
Explore and learn more about our 11 localities.